Crescent Hotel Fourth Floor Fire
A Fire was reported on the fourth floor of the south wing of the Crescent Hotel. The fire is believed to have started from defective electrical wiring. Besides local fire fighters, fire trucks were brought in from Berryville, Green Forest and even as far as Rogers.
Reportedly, the priest from nearby St. Elizabeth Church was the first to see the smoke followed by the mailman delivering on his route. The tower, the south penthouse, and several fourth floor rooms were either destroyed or badly damaged